A bushfire advice has been issued for parts of Hopetoun and Ravensthorpe in the Shire of Ravensthorpe.
The bushfire advice is in place for people in an area bounded by Dunns Swamp Road and Dotterel Road in the south, Tamarine Road and Jerdacuttup River in the east, Elverdton Road in the north and Forrest Road to the west, including the estate of Blue Vista in Hopetoun and Ravensthorpe in the Shire of Ravensthorpe.
The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the fire is now contained.
There is no threat to lives or homes, however, there is a lot of smoke in the area.
Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
The bushfire is moving slowly in a north easterly direction. It is contained and under control.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.Roads previously closed will be reopenned at 9am today.
- Road Eleven, which is a dirt track is closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Ravensthorpe.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are strengthening containment lines and mopping up.
- 30 Parks and Wildlife Service, Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire and Emergency Services firefighters are attending.
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
- The fire was reported at 03:05 PM on 15 February 2020.
- The cause of the fire is accidental.
- Shire of Ravensthorpe is managing the fire.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.