This Spanish-style dish, with a lovely smoky note from the smoked paprika, makes a great entrée, main course or tapas dish.
Ingredients for four as an entrée
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 50g chorizo, finely sliced (see notes)
- 300g boiled new potatoes, sliced
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 300g cuttlefish, cleaned and finely sliced
- 3 canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
What to do
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add capsicum and cook for about 3 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Increase heat, add chorizo and fry until beginning to crisp.
- Stir in garlic, potatoes, salt, pepper and paprika and cook for a further minute.
- Add cuttlefish, tomato and parsley and cook until the cuttlefish just turns opaque.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with crusty bread.
Notes: Chorizo is a Spanish sausage made with pork and paprika, available cured or raw, use either for this recipe. Alternative species: Baby octopus (cut into quarters), prawns, squid, calamari.