Lucky Bay camping facility expansion set to continue following $2.95 million announcement

Camping facility expansion at Lucky Bay set to continue following $2.95 million announcement by the state government. 

Funding for stage two of the project was announced on Thursday by West Australian Premier and Tourism Minister Colin Barnett, Regional Development Minister Terry Redman and Environment Minister Albert Jacob.

During his visit to the region this week Mr Barnett said the stage two redevelopment would include establishment of eight to 10 premium camp sites with their own deck or verandah, their own ablutions and camp kitchen.

“Lucky Bay, in Cape Le Grand National Park, is one of the most beautiful areas in WA and this is a significant boost to tourism in this region,” Mr Barnett said.

The $3.1 million stage 1 redevelopment created 62 camp sites in the area.

The funding is made possible by Royalties for Regions through the $198 million Goldfields-Esperance Revitalisation Fund and its investment in the four-year $21.05 million Parks for People initiative, as part of the Caravan and Camping Action Plan 2013-2018.

Regional Development Minister Terry Redman encouraged people to visit the regions and spend time in local campgrounds and national parks as an affordable holiday option.

“I am pleased to see the Royalties for Regions investment in more recreational opportunities that will create positive visitor experiences. This helps boost regional tourism and create vibrant regional communities and a sustainable economy,” Mr Redman said

Environment Minister Albert Jacob said the Government had committed to increasing affordable camping opportunities by providing 450 new camp sites throughout WA and so far we have completed 420 of these, a wonderful outcome for the community.

The redevelopment has included a day use area, sealed roads within the campground, new paths for beach access, a bore and water supply tanks, two new barbecue shelters and a toilet.

Comments